Excellence and innovation in the seafood industry are again being rewarded with the Seafood Stars Awards.
“The awards are a great way to celebrate innovation and excellence within our industry and tell stories about our seafood, our people and our ongoing commitment to producing the best seafood in the world,” says chief executive Jeremy Helson.
“We are seeking nominations now and urge you to select your star achievers and tell us why you think they are the best choice.”
Seafood Stars Awards will run across all facets of the industry and will be presented to those who have made a significant contribution to the seafood industry:
- Future Development Innovation Award -presented to the entity that has developed a new technology that does one of the following;
- Reduces waste by adding value to by-products or waste, or
- Reduces adverse impacts on the marine environment of fishing or farming seafood, or
- Reduces adverse impacts of fishing or farming seafood on protected species, or
- Increases the efficiency of production of seafood, or
- Makes a significant contribution to health or science
- Young Achiever Award -presented to a person, 35 years of age or under, who has demonstrated that he or she has made a positive difference to the seafood industry and has the potential to continue to develop as an effective and respected seafood industry leader or role model.
- Longstanding Service Award - presented to a person who has demonstrated that he or she has made a substantial positive difference to the seafood industry over many years, and who has been a highly effective and respected seafood industry leader.
Nominations close on June 30. Winners will be announced at the Seafood Conference in Nelson and in the Seafood magazine.