- 4 small potatoes unpeeled
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 500g firm, white fish fillets, cut into equal sized portions
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice them lengthwise into wedges. Arrange the wedges on one side of the greased backing sheet (leave enough room for the fish fillets on the other side) and spray them with olive oil or baking spray. Place the tray in a pre-heated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the wedges are golden brown and tender.
- While the wedges are baking prepare your fish. First, combine the flour, bread crumbs and pepper in a container, ready to coat the fish. Then, lightly beat the egg in a shallow container. Now coat both sides of the fish fillets first in egg and then in the flour mixture.
- Place the prepared fish fillets onto the baking sheet next to the potatoes. Continue to cook all together for about another 10 minutes, or until the fillets are just turning white and beginning to separate. Remove from the oven and serve.
- Serve with a big mixed salad or a huge pile of vegetables to make this into a really healthy meal.
- Try this recipe with different types of fish.
- Low in energy, this is great for people on a weight reducing diet. If you need extra calories though then have a chunk of wholegrain bread on the side.
Courtesy Seafood NZ