- 12 New Zealand greenshell mussels – half shell
- 150g butter, softened but not melted
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Flaky sea salt & cracked black pepper
- In a bowl mix the butter, garlic & parsley.
- Preheat the oven to a medium heat (approx. 160 °C/ 320 °F).
- Set the half shell mussels on a baking tray with sides (to stop any juice from spilling). With a teaspoon evenly distribute the butter mixture on top of the mussels.
- Place in the oven & bake for approx 5-7 minutes, or until all the mussels are evenly hot.
- Remove from the tray on to a plate or tray. Any juices from the mussels can be used to baste the mussels prior to service.
- Garnish with fresh Italian parsley & serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the top. This recipe serves two people.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood