- 4 fresh green chillies (mild), minced
- 2tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 3tbsp canola oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1tbsp paprika
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- ½tsp turmeric powder
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 40 New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels (frozen ½ shell), defrost in a container and reserve any juice that comes from defrosting for the sauce.
- 1 fresh lime, juice
- ½cup fresh coriander, minced
- Puree the green chillies, ginger and garlic to a paste with a little water in a blender.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and sauté half the onions until light golden in colour.
- Add the chilli/ ginger/ garlic paste and spices and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, add the mussels and the mussel juice and bring to the boil. Season with salt and add the lime juice and coriander and serve.
This recipe serves four people.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood