- 1tbsp cracked pink peppercorns
- 500g NZ King salmon, fillets (½ to ¾ inch thick)
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- micro watercress to garnish
- Sprinkle cracked pepper on top side of fish pressing pepper lightly into the flesh. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter; immediately add peppered salmon, pepper side up. Cook fish until it is opaque up half of the fish. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with micro watercress.
Note: Salmon fillets can also be cooked directly on the grill. For a true flavour profile grill on a traditional cedar plank.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood