- 400g NZ King salmon, fillet (skinned), diced
- 1pkt organic soba noodles
- 8 baby cos leaves
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber (small), cut into fine strips (julienned)
- ½ carrot (small), cut into fine strips (julienned)
- 2tbsp kimchi
- 2tbsp kochujang (Korean condiment)
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp korean sesame oil
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring a medium pot of hot water to the boil, then steam the salmon in a steam basket or similar until just cooked, remove & cool. Then, using the water in the pot, cook the noodles for 3 minutes.
- Strain the noodles and run cold water thoroughly over them to cool down.
- To make the dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl & mix thoroughly.
- Carefully dress the salmon with the dressing.
- In a bowl mix the red cabbage, spring onion, cucumber & carrot.
- In 4 serving bowls portion the noodles in the bottom & then top with the mixed vegetables. Add 2 lettuce leaves to each bowl & finish with the dressed salmon evenly portioned across the 4 serving bowls.
- Serve with Kimchi to the side.
Note: You can alter the toppings as you wish, like adding boiled egg or white radish pickle etc. Also if you want a more spicy taste, you may add some Korean chili powder or minced garlic in the sauce and more vinegar for a sour taste.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood