- Grill salmon to medium rare. Reserve, keeping hot.
- Combine onion and bacon fat in skillet over medium heat; sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add corn and continue cooking until just al dente.
- Add bacon and toss together.
- Place rice in large bowl; add onion, corn and bacon toss.
- Add ¼ cup spring onions and season.
- Divide rice mix among shallow bowls.
- Place cooked salmon fillets on top.
- Garnish with pickled ginger, kizami nori and remaining spring onions.
- Pour hot green tea on top of fish.
- Drizzle shoyu or soy around bowl to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood and image Patrick McDonnell Photography