- 400g NZ king salmon skinned and diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp olive or canola oil
- small mini-burger buns or round cut sourdough
- dijon mustard
- salad ingredients (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix salmon, egg, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form salmon mixture into 10 small patties. Dredge in breadcrumbs to coat all sides. In a large skillet, heat oil until hot over medium heat. Cook patties in batches until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each batch.
- Drain salmon cakes on paper towel. Serve on buns with dijon mustard if desired.
Note: To kick up the flavour, add capers to the salmon mixture, or use a flavoured mayonnaise such as wasabi mayo. Create a "toppings bar" for the sliders with shredded lettuce, slices of grape tomato, capers and slices of red onion, dehydrated vegetable chips, pickles and a selection of sauces.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood