- 500g new potatoes, washed
- 40ml olive oil
- 4x 180g salmon fillets, pin boned, skin on
- 100g pancetta, small cubes or finely sliced
- 100g onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 500g broad beans, peeled
- 200ml olive oil
- 50g onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & chopped
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seed
- 50ml light vinegar or verjuice
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Slice the potatoes and blanch for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Heat a pan with some of the oil and sauté the potatoes for colour.
- While doing so, heat another pan with a little of the oil and cook the salmon on both sides for about 6 minutes. Start with skin side down first, cook for 4 minutes then turn and finish off.
- Add the pancetta, onion and garlic to the potatoes and cook through. Add the beans and seasoning.
- To serve, place some of the bean & potato mix in a bowl, add the salmon, then top with more of the ragout. Drizzle with the curry dressing.
- Heat a pan with 50ml of the oil, sweat the onion and garlic.
Add the curry powder, mustard seeds and vinegar (or verjuice) and mix well.
- Place the mix into a bowl and with a stick blender or fork, gently whisk in the balance of oil, coriander and seasoning to create a dressing.
This recipe serves 4 people.