- 50ml sesame oil
- 400g raw prawn meat
- 1 squid tube, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 x 250g tin dark mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin sliced baby corn or bamboo shoots, cut in strips
- 4 bunches bird nest egg noodle
- juice of 1 lime
- 20ml soy sauce
- 40ml sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped plus 1 tbsp whole leaves for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g fried onions, for garnish (home made or try store brought fried shallots)
- 50g roasted cashews, for garnish
- Heat up a wok until hot. Add half the oil and sauté the prawns and squid for 2 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the rest of the oil to the work and sauté the garlic, onion, chilli and ginger. Add the mushrooms and corn or bamboo shoots. Reduce heat to ensure the garlic does not burn.
- Blanch the noodles in boiling seasoned water for 4–5 minutes. Add noodles to the sauté mix, along with all the other ingredients (except the fried onions and cashews). Mix well. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve in noodle boxes with chopsticks. Garnish with fried onions, chopped coriander and roasted cashews.
This recipe serves 4 people.