- 1 tomato, finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 6 chives, finely diced
- ½ yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded & cut into very thin wedges (strips)
- balsamic reduction glaze
- 16 scallops, roe on (4 per person)
- cracked black pepper & flaky sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 200g haloumi cheese – cut into thin slices
- ½ cup micro salad greens, garnish
- Combine the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Season the scallops with a little cracked black pepper, sea salt and splash with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and drizzle with a little oil. Sear the sliced haloumi for 1 minute each side to colour. Remove from the heat and place a slice on each plate.
- Heat a separate pan to medium heat, and carefully add the scallops. Sear for 2 minutes (depending on size of scallop), then turn. Sear for a further 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Take care not to overcook, scallops take very little time to cook and will continue cooking once removed from pan.
- Place 4 scallops on top of each slice of haloumi, garnish with the micro salad around the haloumi and scallops. Strategically place the tomato wedges (slivers) and drops of the balsamic glaze.
This recipe serves 4 people.