- 600 g firm fleshed fish fillets
- ½ cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a small bowl (or sturdy plastic bag). Cut the fish fillets into chunky pieces, then add them to the marinade. Stir the fish (or massage the plastic bag) so the fish is coated with the marinade, then refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Thread the fish onto skewers (wider flattish skewers work best to keep the fish in place).
- Cook on a lightly oiled, preheated barbecue hotplate (or in a heavy frypan) for 4-5 minutes, then turn carefully and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Steamed rice and/or naan bread and a simple salad make ideal accompaniments. This recipe serves 4 people.
An original Simon Holst recipe, courtesy of Moana Pacific Fisheries
Photography by Lindsay Keats