- 1 clove garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- ¼ lemon
- 100mls olive oil
- 2 tbspn fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbspn fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 120g cannellini or haricot beans, cooked
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 20g small capers, drained and rinsed well
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- Season and leave to infuse for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Serve with tuna steaks, drizzled with basil pesto.
An image from The New Zealand Seafood Cookbook.
Text by Auckland Seafood School and contributing chefs; with food photography by Sean Shadbolt.
Published by Penguin Group NZ. ©Auckland Seafood School, 2009.