Yellowfin Tuna niçoise salad
Chef: Recipe provided by Jane Mackenzie, friend of the Neonatal Trust
Cooking time: 30
- 800g fresh tuna
- 400g new season baby potatoes
- 240g green beans
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 200g olives
- 1 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 4 eggs (soft boiled)
- 4 anchovy fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 tbspn balsamic vinegar 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbspn fresh herbs (basil, parsley or tarragon)
- Boil the baby potatoes until just cooked, then refresh under cold water and cut into quarters. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the green beans and blanch for 3 to 4 minutes, then refresh under cold water.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients together in the order above.
- In a large bowl mix the potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, olives, red onion and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Sear the Tuna steaks on a hot chargrill or griddle pan for 3 minutes on each side. Season the Tuna with salt and pepper.
- Serve on four plates, place the Tuna on the salad and garnish with the soft-boiled egg, anchovies and a drizzle of vinaigrette over the Tuna.
Variation: This is a very easy, quick, tasty and colourful dish. Instead of Tuna try another fish fillet, chicken thighs or even lamb fillet or eat the salad as is.
Courtesy Seafood NZ