- 24 New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels, half shell
- 1OOg finely diced cherry tomatoes
- 1tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 finely minced chilli
- ½tbsp sesame oil
- ½tbsp fish sauce
- juice and zest of a lime
- 2tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 2tbsp chopped green onion
- 6 water chestnuts, peeled and diced
- black sesame seeds
- Steam the mussels until just cooked, set aside and allow to cool.
- For ease in eating, carefully slide a paring knife under the mussel meat to loosen the shell from the abductor muscle, placing the loose meat back onto the shell.
- Mix salsa ingredients together and spoon onto mussels.
- Garnish with ground back sesame seeds.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood