- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 300ml sunflower or light vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 400g small gourmet potatoes - skin on
- extra virgin olive oil
- flaky sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g fresh green beans (frozen whole baby beans can be used)
- 4x 150g salmon fillets, pin boned & skin on
- Place all ingredients except oil in a bowl with a little seasoning and whisk.
- Very slowly whisk in the oil, being careful not to add too much at once.
- Adjust seasoning and set aside until required.
- Add the potatoes to a pot with a little cold water bring to the boil and simmer until just cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- To cook the beans place onto a grill plate with a little olive oil and salt. At the same time cut the potatoes into chunks/halves, place onto the grill with a little olive oil and allow to colour.
- To a suitable sized bowl add the cooked beans and potatoes. Toss in a little olive oil and check seasoning. Keep warm.
- Rub a little olive oil over the salmon and place onto a hot BBQ grill skin side down first. When skin is crispy, turn to finish on presentation side.
- Serve the salmon on top of the warmed salad with a good spoonful of the aioli over the fish.
This recipe serves 4 people.