- 800g cooked crayfish tail meat
(approximately 2-3 tails depending on size)
- 1 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 350ml canola oil
- Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape seeds out
carefully. Place seeds into a food processor with all other
mayonnaise ingredients, except the oil. Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- While machine is still on slowly add the oil. Take care not to add the oil too fast, otherwise you may separate the mayonnaise. Put in fridge to chill.
- For serving, use small bowls, bamboo boats or small plates. Place a small handful of iceberg lettuce in the bottom of the vessels. Slice crayfish tails and allow 50g of crayfish per portion. Lay crayfish onto lettuce, overlapping pieces if you can. To finish, drizzle a good amount of mayonnaise onto crayfish. Decorate with micro greens. This recipe serves 6 people.
Photo courtesy of Seafood New Zealand
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Searanche Catering