1 wholes fresh flounder per person, washed with sea water
Cooking spray or vegetable oil
2 free range egg yolks
½ tsp salt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 cup vegetable or soya bean oil
2 tsp chopped spring onions
1 tsp chopped capers
2 tsp chopped gherkins
1 tsp chopped parsley
1) Preheat the oven to 190c.
2) Grease an oven tray with the oil and place the flounder on this.
3) Roast for 8-10 minutes, depending on size, or until the skin can just be pulled away from the flesh.
4) Allow it to rest for 2-3 minutes.
Serve with tartare sauce, plenty of lemons and a fresh garden salad or steamed seasonal vegetable on the side.
1) In a large, heavy mixing bowl, place the yolks with the salt, mustard and vinegar.
2) Whilst whisking, slowly pour in the oil drop by drop until the mixture begins to thicken. Continue with the oil until the mixture is pale and thick.
3) Add the remaining chopped flavourings and taste for seasoning.