- ½ red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly torn plus finely chopped stalk
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ - ½ tsp finely chopped red chilli (to taste)
- 3 finely sliced spring onions, sliced lengthways
- salt & cracked black pepper
- 24 raw prawn cutlets (6 per person)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 firm mango, cut in very thin strips
- ½ small telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded & shaved lengthways with peeler
- 2 limes, ½ of one lime zested & 1 juiced (1 for garnish)
- splash soy sauce
- 2 tsp palm sugar, shaved
- splash good sushi vinegar or seasoning
- splash of lemon infused olive oil
To make the salad:
- In a suitable sized bowl, mix the red capsicum, coriander, red onion, chilli and spring onions. Season as required and set aside.
- Cook the prawns on a hot grill or in a hot pan with a splash of olive oil for 2 – 3 minutes turning once. Season.
- Place the salad onto a serving platter with the prawns arranged on top. Garnish with the thin mango slices (if possible, curl some of the mango) and the curled cucumber slices.
To make the dressing:
- Mix together the lime juice and zest with a splash of soy. Add the shared palm sugar, sushi vinegar and a good splash of the lemon infused olive oil. Taste and add more chilli and seasoning if required. Drizzle over the salad and garnish with lime wedges.
This recipe serves 4 people.