Littleneck Clams Recipe with Wine, Lemon Garlic & Chilli
Cooking time: 25
Cooking method: Pan-fry
- 1kg bag Westhaven's frozen "GOLDEN BAY - New Zealand Littleneck Clams"
- ¾ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 big garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 hot red chili or your taste
- 4 tbsp good olive oil
- 200g pasta (Fettuccine)
- 1 lemon, juice
Zest of the lemon
Season to taste with salt and pepper
- When using freshly frozen, Westhaven's "New Zealand Little neck clams", place the olive oil, parsley, garlic, chilli and in a heavy pan use and infuse over a low heat until sautéed but not coloured.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Fresh or dried pasta can be used. Reserve a little of the cooking water when draining the pasta pan.
- Turn up the heat to high and add the pre cooked Westhaven “just heat and eat” New Zealand Little neck clams, to the pan.
- Put all the shellfish and a splash of wine in the pan and cook with the lid on. After 4-7 minutes the shells will open up. Keeping the lid on, shake the pan so that all the shells cook evenly. Check that all the shells have opened, then stir in the parsley and abundant freshly ground black pepper With the reserved, clam juice.
Place the cooked pasta on a presentation pasta plate.Garnish with parsley and the zest of the lemon.
Image and recipe courtesy Westhaven Marketing Ltd