- 500ml water or fish stock
- 12 New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into fine ribbons
- 1 red chilli, diced
- ½ pkt soba noodles, cooked as per instructions
- fine strips of carrot & radish
- Korean chilli paste
- light soy sauce
- In a medium soup pot add the water/stock & bring to the boil. Add the mussels & allow to cook open, then remove the mussels from the pot, take the meat from the shell & set aside. Add the shiitake, spring onion & chilli, simmering for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste & add the cooked noodles.
- Set out 4 soup bowls, portion the mussels and noodles evenly. Ladle out the hot soup over the mussels & noodles ensuring even distribution of the vegetables. Serve with garnishes on the side.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood