- 24 New Zealand greenshell mussels – half shell
- 100g chopped spring onion
- 30g chopped coriander
- 30g minced fresh ginger
- 20g minced fresh garlic
- ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp minced red chili
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Steam the mussels until just cooked.
- For ease in eating, carefully slide a paring knife under the mussel meat to loosen the shell from the abductor muscle, placing the loose meat back onto the shell.
- Blend all topping ingredients and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Top each mussel with a generous amount of the ginger pesto topping and serve.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood