- 250g macadamia nuts (sliced and toasted)
- 10g lemon kelp seasoning (or substitute with lemon pepper and wakame)
- zest (fine) of 1 orange
- 6 chive spears (finely cut)
- 150g butter (softened)
- 12 New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels, half shell
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Combine macadamia nuts, lemon kelp seasoning, orange zest and chives in a bowl and mix well, add butter and mix to combine.
- Loosen the mussel meat from the shell for ease of service. Top the mussel with the crust, evenly covering the mussel meat.
- Toast the crusted mussels under a hot grill (or bake in a hot oven) until the crust is toasted and the mussel is hot (1-2 minutes). Serve hot (optional garnish - lemon wedges).
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood