- 400g cream cheese
- 45g capers, chopped
- 20ml lime juice
- 15g lemon zest
- 375g NZ King salmon, cold smoked slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60g dill, finely chopped
- 60g bagel crumbs, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, capers, lime juice and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- On a large sheet of plastic wrap, place half of the smoked salmon in a 20x30cm rectangle. Using a spatula gently spread half the cream cheese mixture over the salmon.
- Roll the salmon up, using the plastic wrap to assist you to form a roll approximately 30cm long. Repeat the process with the remaining cream cheese mixture and salmon, using another sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the rolls tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm to the touch.
- Remove the plastic wrap and coat each roll with chopped dill. Slice into 30 pieces about 1.5cm thick. Garnish with a salad of micro greens and toasted bagel crumbs.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood