- 800g Blue Moki, cubed
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 limes, juiced
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 tbspn of spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut into medium dice
- 3 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 3 tbspn flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbspn coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250mls coconut cream
- Place cubed fish and onion into a shallow bowl.
- Pour over enough citrus juice to cover the fish. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours, turning the fish occasionally to ensure that it marinates evenly. When the fish has become white, drain off the juice.
- When the fish is marinated, mix in capsicum, spring onion, cucumber, tomatoes, chopped herbs, and season to taste.
- Pour over enough coconut cream to cover and bind.
- Serve chilled.
An image from The New Zealand Seafood Cookbook.
Text by Auckland Seafood School and contributing chefs; with food photography by Sean Shadbolt.
Published by Penguin Group NZ. ©Auckland Seafood School, 2009.