- 1 kg fresh fish fillets
- juice (only) of 5 lemons
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeds removed, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ green or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cups lite coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- pepper, to taste
- Rinse the fish and cut into cubes
- Place in a shallow dish and cover with the lemon juice - leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge.
- Drain off the lemon juice. Add the spring onions, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, coconut cream and water. Sprinkle with pepper and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill before serving.
This recipe serves 8 people.
This recipe has been developed by the Heart Foundation. The Heart Foundation provides support for the hospitality industry with resources, tools and information to help chefs produce exceptional, healthy food. For more information and recipes visit the Hospitality Hub.