- 50g fresh coriander, rough chopped
- 2g ground coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 small red chilli (medium heat), chopped
- ½ clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 10ml sweet red chilli sauce
- 4 drops nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 3 small kaffir lime leaves chopped
- 1 fresh lime, ½ the zest (fine) & all the juice of the lime
- 20g sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 100ml soy oil
- 3 dozen NZ Pacific oysters, half shell
- salt to taste
- fresh coriander for garnish
- lime wedge for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients except the oysters, salt, oil & lime juice into a food processor & blend together thoroughly. Slowly add the oil to thin the mixture, finish with the lime juice to sharpen the pesto & season with salt to taste.
- To serve dress the top of the oysters & allow to marinate for approx 30 minutes in a chiller before serving.
- Garnish with fresh coriander stems & lime wedges.
Note: This pesto can be thinned out further with more oil to create a dressing.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood