- 70ml soy sauce
- 3tbsp sugar
- 2tbsp mirin
- 2tbsp sake
- ½tsp fresh ginger (peeled & grated)
- ½tsp fresh garlic (grated)
- 48 shelled edamame beans
- 2tsp sea lettuce
- 50g carrot, fine julienned
- 15g spring onion, finely diced
- 20g daikon (Japanese radish), fine julienned (thin sliced)
- 24 sprigs fresh coriander
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 250ml water
- 250ml soy
- ice water
For the dish
- 12 NZ and Pacific oysters, half shell
Combine all the dressing ingredients & allow to rest for approx 1 hour, use as required.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl & toss with dressing.
- Hydrate the gelatine in 100mls of cold water till soft.
- Bring the remaining water & soy to the boil & add to the gelatine.
- Pour into a bowl & using electric beaters or a whisk, whip the mixture over icy water till it foams & begins to set. Pour into a container & chill completely set. Serve as required.
For the dish
- Remove the oysters from the shell & place in a bowl. Lightly dress the oysters with a small amount of dressing.
- Using suitable serving dishes, place even amounts of the dressed salad into the dishes, place one oyster on each of the dishes.
- Place a small amount of the soy sponge on each of the oyster dishes and serve immediately.
Note: sea lettuce can be found in Asian food stores. An alternative could be nori cut into small pieces.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood