- 250g frozen peas
- 150g fresh pasta dough, rolled to last setting & cut into 12 rounds (alternatively use wonton wrappers cut into rounds)
- egg wash (1 egg mixed with a little milk)
- 50g raw prawn meat, finely minced
- 50g fresh white fish (eg. gurnard), skinned, boned & finely minced
- 1 egg white
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- handful fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 x 100g salmon fillet, skinned & pin-1 boned
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 50g micro leaves
- 50ml balsamic reduction
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add frozen peas to the water, reduce to a simmer for a few minutes and then drain, preserving a little of the blanching liquid. Puree the peas in a blender, adding a little of the blanching water to loosen. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out pasta rounds on the bench and brush edges with a little egg wash.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients together and place approximately 1 teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each pasta round.
- Fold rounds in half and join together to form a ring shape. Cook in salted simmering water for 8 minutes. Drain and keep warm until ready to plate.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Season salmon lightly and wrap with prosciutto, sear in a hot pan for a minute either side, then finish cooking in the oven on a lined baking tray.
- On a serving plate place a spoonful of pea puree in the centre of plate and top with salmon. Place a prawn tortellini next to the salmon and garnish with micro leaves and balsamic reduction.
This recipe serves 4 people.