Proscuitto wrapped hapuku on a truffle & potato puree
Cooking time: 80
Cooking method: Pan-fry
- 200mls cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400g potatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40mls truffle infused oil
- 4 x 180g Groper fillets (Hapuku)
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the truffle scented potato puree, place a pot of cold water on a high heat. Add potatoes to the pot with a little salt and boil until soft. Drain well.
- For the garlic infused cream, place cream and garlic in a small saucepan and gently heat together. Set aside until required.
- Place potato in a food processor, add a little garlic cream and puree until smooth, adding more cream to achieve the right consistency. Season with salt and pepper and fold through the truffle oil, then cover and keep warm.
- Wrap Hapuku fillets in prosciutto and season. Place a frying pan on a high heat and add oil. When hot, sear prosciutto wrapped Hapuku in the frying pan, tuning once.
- Remove seared fish from frying pan, transfer to an oven dish and bake at 180°C for 5-7 minutes or until cooked. The edges should flake easily when cooked.
- To serve, place some potato puree in the centre of each plate. Top with prosciutto wrapped hapuku fillets and ratatouille.
An image from The New Zealand Seafood Cookbook.
Text by Auckland Seafood School and contributing chefs; with food photography by Sean Shadbolt.
Published by Penguin Group NZ. ©Auckland Seafood School, 2009.