- 600g Salmon, skinned, boned and cut into 4 portions
- 300g fennel bulb, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 60g capers
- 50mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbspn fresh dill, chopped
- a splash gin (optional)
- a splash vermouth (optional)
- vanilla sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbspn chives to garnish, chopped
- Preheat barbecue or oven to 200°C.
- Tear some aluminium foil into 4 X 15-20cm squares. Line each foil square with cooking paper.
- Arrange fennel slices in the centre of each foil square and place a piece of Salmon on top.
- In a bowl combine all other ingredients, including the citrus juice, but retain chives for the garnish. Place mixture on top of fish.
- Wrap up the foil parcels and place into a hot oven or onto a preheated barbecue. Cook for about 8 minutes. Open parcels slightly to check if they are cooked and if so remove from heat.
- To serve, open the parcels and sprinkle over chopped chives.
An image from The New Zealand Seafood Cookbook.
Text by Auckland Seafood School and contributing chefs; with food photography by Sean Shadbolt.
Published by Penguin Group NZ. ©Auckland Seafood School, 2009.