- 1 tsp dill, chopped
- 150g flaky sea salt
- 600g NZ King salmon, cold smoked (diced)
- 12 spears fresh chives, finely chopped
- 24 savoury canapé cones
- 350g fromage de chevre (quality, French goats cheese)
- 100g NZ King salmon skin off and bones removed, pre-frozen
- 1 fresh lemon, fine zest & juice
Combine the dill & salt together in a plastic bag & shake to mix, then pour out into a tray & allow it to dry.
- Mix the diced smoked salmon with ½ of the chopped chives & fill each cone with the mixture.
- In a food processor mix the fromage de chevre with the rest of the chives & lemon zest & ½ of the juice from the lemon. Place in a container & allow to chill.
- Place the cones in a holder to hold upright, scoop or roll the fromage de chevre mix to form small balls & place on top of the cones.
- Take the frozen salmon & using a fine microplane to shave salmon over the cones, finish by placing a pinch of dill salt on each & serve.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood