- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 1½ cups medium grain Korean rice
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), cut into fine strips (julienned)
- 400g New Zealand king salmon fillet (skinned), diced
- 12 NZ greenshell™ mussels, steamed
- 1 egg
- kosari (Fernbrake), soaked & cooked
- In a large mixing bowl place the bean sprouts & zucchini, place 2 tsp salt in the bowl & just cover the vegetables with cold water. Allow to brine for 5 minutes, then strain & rinse.
- In a hot oven, place a large Korean clay pot or earthenware serving dish.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or stainless steel pot and keep hot.
- Sauté the shiitake mushrooms & garlic in a little vegetable oil, finish by adding the soy sauce.
- Remove the Korean clay pot or earthenware serving dish from the oven, add the sesame oil to the bottom and swirl around to coat the bottom and sides. Place the hot rice in the bottom of the dish. On top of the rice add the sprouts, zucchini, shiitake mushrooms, red pepper, salmon & mussels.
- Finally crack the egg in the middle of the dish. Serve with condiments.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood