- 480g salmon fillet, pin boned & skinned
- 1 lemon, juiced (2 tbsp)
- salt & white pepper to taste
- 2-3 firm ripe vine tomatoes, peeled, seeded & finely diced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 4 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche plus 1 extra tbsp for garnish
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 40g micro leaves
- Carefully dice the salmon, transfer to a bowl and toss with the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and cover. Allow to marinate.
- Place the tomatoes in a separate bowl and mix in the shallots and chives.
- Add the salmon and fold through the crème fraîche. Check the seasoning.
- To finish, thinly slice the cucumber and arrange on a serving plate in a circle.
- Using a metal ring, arrange the salmon tartare in the centre, top with a small quenelle of crème fraiche and garnish with micro leaves.
This recipe serves 4 people.