- 6 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 12 Scallops
- 12 1½ x 1½ cm cubes Salmon
- 12 raw Prawns, peeled
- olive oil
- 1 Crayfish body
- 20g butter
- 1 tbspn tomato paste
- 20g flour
- 250ml cream
- 2 tsp brandy
- ½ tsp dill, freshly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter and add the crushed Crayfish body and tomato paste.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes being sure not to burn the butter.
- Strain through a fine sieve, retaining the butter.
- Use this orange coloured butter to make a roux. Add cream, brandy, dill and seasoning.
- Cook slowly, allowing the flour to cook and the sauce to thicken.
- Prepare the kebabs and direct grill for 6-8 minutes on medium high heat.
- Serve kebab on rice or pasta with the sauce.
Courtesy Seafood NZ