- 4 white tortillas
- 500g smoked Salmon
- 100g sour cream
- 1 cup spring onions, thinly sliced
- sprinkle chilli flakes
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- Preheat barbecue to a low heat.
- Lay out 2 tortillas on a bench top.
- Place Salmon, sour cream, spring onions, chilli flakes, coriander, tomato and cheese in a bowl and mix to form a spreadable filling.
- Spread the Salmon mixture over each rolled out tortilla and top with remaining tortillas.
- Lightly spray barbecue with non-stick spray and cook quesadillas for approximately 3 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook the remaining side.
- Place cooked quesadillas onto a board, cut into 8 wedges and serve.
An image from The New Zealand Seafood Cookbook.
Text by Auckland Seafood School and contributing chefs; with food photography by Sean Shadbolt.
Published by Penguin Group NZ. ©Auckland Seafood School, 2009.