- 4 x 120g hoki fillets
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Dice the fish into large chunks.
- Place all ingredients except the canola oil into a food processor.
- Pulse until the fish has been finely chopped but is not yet a smooth paste.
- Shape fish mixture into 30g balls.
- Slightly flatten.
- Heat canola oil in a heavy based frying pan.
- Cook the fish cakes for approximately 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. This recipe serves 6 people.
An Image from the Heart Foundation.
This recipe has been developed by the Heart Foundation. The Heart Foundation provides support for the hospitality industry with resources, tools and information to help chefs produce exceptional, healthy food. For more information and recipes visit the Hospitality Hub.