- 1kg Greenshell™ Mussel, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, chopped
- ½ inch fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Heat the barbecue.
- Place water and all ingredients except coconut cream in hot cast iron dish or pan.
- Place mussels on bed of those ingredients.
- Close lid and steam for approximately 12 minutes (till all mussels open).
- Place mussels in other container and close with foil or lid (keep warm).
- Add coconut cream to the cooking juices and reduce to half.
- Pour over mussels.
Courtesy Seafood NZ