- ½ red chilli (medium heat), chopped
- ½ garlic clove, chopped
- 1tsp fresh ginger, fine grated
- 5 fresh coriander leaves and stem
- 20ml light soy sauce
- 20g palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1tsp Nam Pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 lime, juice only
- 15 New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels, half shell
- 50g carrot, julienne
- 50g mung bean sprouts
- 50g red capsicum, julienne
- 20g peanuts, rough chopped
- 20g spring onions, julienne
- 15g dried banana chips, rough chopped
- 15 young small lettuce leaves (small boat shape)
- Mix chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander and using a mortar and pestle or blender, crush until you have a rough paste (alternatively, chop as finely as possible).
- Add sugar in small amounts unit dissolved.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- Steam the mussels until just cooked, set aside and allow to cool.
- Mix other ingredients except the lettuce and mussels in a bowl.
- Place the mixture into individual lettuce leaves so that the lettuce cradles the mixture making it easy to pick up as a wrap. The mussel shell can also act as a natural cradle to support the mussel lettuce parcel.
- Place the whole mussel on top and lightly dress with the dressing.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood