- 500g Tarakihi fillets (but also works well with Blue Cod, Gurnard, Hoki, Orange Roughy, Moki and Alfonsino)
- 12 fresh Mussels
- ½ cup wine
- ¼ lemon juice
- 6 assorted lettuce leaves
- 80g spinach leaves, couple of bunches
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 1 tbspn whole grain mustard
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- Steam fish in the wine for 7 minutes (allow 12 minutes if frozen), then remove and add the Mussels. Steam until the shells open. Reserve the wine.
- Steam or microwave the spinach leaves until they are just beginning to wilt.
- Break or cut the cooked fish into bite-sized pieces and remove the Mussels from their shells. Place them in a serving bowl with the lettuce, spinach, parsley and chives.
- Use the wine used to steam the Mussels and fish to make a dressing with the mustard and olive oil. Toss with the other ingredients while they are still warm.
Courtesy Seafood NZ