- 1 kg agria potatoes, peeled and cut into large chips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg fillet of hapuku, skinned
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 210ºC fan bake.
- Heat a pot of water and blanch the chips in boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove, drain and pat dry gently.
- Mix the garlic with the chopped herbs and 30ml of the olive oil.
- Place the fish fillet onto an oiled oven tray. Layer the sliced vegetables in overlapping rows on top of the fish.
- Brush the oil/herb mix over the vegetables and season.
- Heat 2 pans with the remaining olive oil and fry the chips in batches until golden (or use a deep fryer). Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the fish into the hot oven and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- For added colour on the fish, grill on high for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Carefully place the fish onto a serving platter. Serve with the fries on the side and drizzle the cooking juices over the fish.
This recipe serves 4 people.