8 x 90g Gurnard fillets, skin on, pin bones removed
2 tbsp. olive oil
20g butter, diced
Juice of ½ a lemon
75g butter, diced
2 tbsp. white wine
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
24 seedless grapes, peeled
¼ cup toasted almond, chopped
1 small bunch Italian parsley, chopped
Sea salt & pepper
- For the almond, grape and brown butter dressing, heat the 75g butter over a high heat. Cook until golden and nut brown in colour.
- Remove from the heat, add the white wine and sherry vinegar to deglaze, add the grapes, almonds and parley. Lightly season with salt and pepper and set aside to warm through.
- Meanwhile cook the gurnard by heating the olive oil in a non-stick heavy based frying pan.
- Lightly season the gurnard fillets with sea salt, then pan-fry skin side down, for 3-4 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Turn-over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the 20g of butter and lemon juice then baste the fish with the pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, place 2 gurnard fillets onto the centre of 4 warm serving plates. Spoon over the warm almond, grape and brown butter dressing and serve.
Recipe by Hopgood's & Co