- We do not condone illegal behaviour.
- We will work with Government and other interested parties to develop and implement principled and practical policies to ensure the use of fisheries resources is sustainable.
- We will continue to actively minimise our impacts on the marine environment and encourage others to act similarly.
- We will continue to invest in science and innovation to enhance fisheries resources and add value.
- We look after our people and treat them fairly.
- We will be accountable for delivering on Our Promise and will support increased transparency.
Best Fish Guide
Visit our guide to buying sustainable New Zealand seafood.
New Zealand is blessed with a wide range of nutritious and tasty seafood harvested in pristine waters.
We hope this best fish guide helps you choose New Zealand seafood with confidence.
Queenstown chef Darren Lovell, whose restaurant Fishbone won a One Hat award in the 2016 Cuisine Good Food Awards describes his journey of discovery into the sustainability of New Zealand seafood
Wellington chef Jacob Brown, another Chef’s Hat winner, is also an advocate for sustainable New Zealand seafood.
Aaron Stott of Wellington's Tinakori Bistro has returned from overseas and is enjoying the wide variety of sustainable species on offer in New Zealand.