300g tarakihi fillets
2 large golden kumara, washed, peeled, diced into 1 inch cubes
1 tsp curry powder
Small carton Greek yoghurt
1 chilli, diced & finely chopped
1 small bunch coriander
½ red onion, finely chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
½ cucumber, diced
This simple dish is great served with a crisp green salad or green beans dressed in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Coat the diced kumara in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, curry powder and the chopped red onion. Season with salt and pepper and roast in an oven at 200C for 10-15 minutes until cooked, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool until just warm, then add the chilli, cucumber, coriander and 3 tablespoons of yoghurt, mixing well.
- Season the tarakihi and rub with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Heat grill or griddle plate until hot and cook the fillets for 2-3 minutes on either side. Remove and rest.
- To serve, place the kumara salad in the middle of 2 shallow bowls and top with the fish, decorate with a sprig of coriander.
Recipe by Talley's