4 x 180g Smoked Hoki fillets (skin removed)
2 shallot, finely diced
½ small fennel bulb, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large pinch of saffron
1 sprig of thyme, finely chopped
150ml dry white wine
Juice of & zest of ½ a lemon
200g butter, diced at room temperature
1 punnet red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 punnet yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
¼ Kalamata olives, stoned and chopped
1 small bunch of basil, torn
Sea salt & pepper
- To prepare the saffron butter, place the shallot into a small saucepan with the fennel, garlic, saffron, thyme, Pernod and white wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce down to about 50 ml in liquid. Cool.
- Place the reduction into a food processor with the lemon juice, zest and butter. Puree until smooth and emulsified.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- On a clean work surface lay out four, 30x30cm squares of non-stick baking paper.
- Place a Hoki fillet onto each of the paper squares.
- Top each fish fillet with a spoonful of the prepared saffron butter, a small handful of the chopped cherry tomatoes, olives and basil. Season lightly with salt and pepper then fold over the paper and seal into a small package.
- Wrap each paper package in tin foil, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the packages are slightly puffed up and cooked.
- To serve, bring the Hoki packages to the table, cut open and serve.
Recipe by Hopgood's & Co