- 2 slices prosciutto, finely diced
- 130g brioche (stale), crumbled
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- 1tsp fresh fennel, finely chopped
- 1tsp fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, fine zest & juice
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 24 NZ Pacific oysters, half shell
- 3tsp salt
- In a non-stick pan on a low heat with no oil, sauté the prosciutto till it begins to crisp, then add the brioche with the butter & fry till golden. Allow to cool slightly till warm & crumble to a fine consistency. Mix in the herbs & lemon zest & season to taste. Set aside but keep warm.
- Remove oysters from shells & place in a bowl, pour any juice that comes from the shells in with the oysters. Set the shells on a plate.
- In a shallow saucepan place 400mls of water, with 3 teaspoons of salt & the lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the oysters into the simmering saucepan allowing to poach for approx 30 seconds, then remove & place back into the shells. Top each oyster with a full teaspoon of crumble mix & serve while still warm.
Image and recipe courtesy Nurtured Seafood