8 x 90g Gurnard fillets, shin on, pin bones removed
2 tbsp. olive oil
25g butter, diced
Juice of ½ a lemon
4 zucchini, grated/ shredded
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
1 chilli, finely diced
Juice and zest of 2 lemon
1 small bunch mint, chopped
1 small bunch Italian parsley, chopped
100g Feta cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup toasted pine nut
¼ cup golden raisins, soaked in Earl grey tea overnight
1 tbsp. salted capers, rinsed
Sea salt & pepper
- First make the zucchini salad, by placing the grated raw zucchini in a bowl. Lightly salt, then set aside.
- Gently heat the 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan, add the garlic and chilli and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the heat, add the zest and juice of 1 lemon, then pour over the raw zucchini.
- Stir through the chopped herbs. Then set aside for 30 minutes to macerate. Just before serving toss through the crumbled feta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly season the gurnard fillets with sea salt, then pan-fry skin side down in olive oil, for 3-4 minutes or until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Turn-over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and juice of half a lemon, then baste the fish with the pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining 25g butter over a high heat. Cook until golden and nut brown in colour, add the extra virgin olive oil and the juice and zest of the remaining lemon. Take off the heat then add the pine nuts, raisins and capers.
- To serve, place a large mound of the zucchini salad into the centre of 4 plates. Top with 2 gurnard fillet per plate, then spoon over the pine nut, raisin and caper dressing and serve.
Recipe by Hopgood's & Co