24 raw prawn cutlets
½ red capsicum, finely sliced
2 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly torn plus finely chopped stalk
1 small red onion, finely diced
¼ - ½ tsp finely chopped red chilli
3 finely sliced spring onions, sliced lengthways
salt & cracked black pepper
For the dressing
1 lime, juiced, and zest of half
Splash soy sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp palm sugar, shaved
Splash good sushi vinegar or seasoning
Splash of lemon infused olive oil
For the Garnish
4 lime wedges
1 firm mango, cut in very thin strips
½ small telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded & shaved lengthways with peeler
To make the salad:
- In a suitable sized bowl, mix the red capsicum, coriander, red onion, chilli, and spring onions. Season and set aside.
- Cook the prawns on a hot grill or in a hot pan with a splash of olive oil for 2 – 3 minutes, turning once. Season.
- Place the salad onto a serving platter with the prawns arranged on top.
To make the dressing:
- Mix together the lime juice and zest with a splash of soy. Add the shared palm sugar, sushi vinegar and a good splash of the lemon infused olive oil.
- Taste and add more chilli and seasoning if required. Drizzle over the salad and garnish with lime wedges.
- Garnish with dish with the thin mango slices (if possible, curl some of the mango) and the curled cucumber slices.
Recipe by Mark Dronja, Auckland Seafood School