4 fresh green chillies (mild), minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
3 tbsp canola oil
2 medium onions, diced
1 tbsp paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp garam masala
1 star anise
1 cup coconut cream
40 New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels (frozen ½ shell), defrosted in a container, juices reserved
1 fresh lime, juiced
½ cup fresh coriander, minced
- Puree the green chillies, ginger and garlic to a paste with a little water in a blender.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and sauté half the onions until light golden in colour.
- Add the chilli/ ginger/ garlic paste and spices and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mussels with the defrosted juice and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt, add the lime juice and coriander, and serve.
Recipe by Nurtured Seafood