400g NZ King salmon fillet, skinned & diced
1 packet organic soba noodles
8 baby cos leaves
½ red cabbage, finely sliced
½ spring onion, finely sliced
½ small cucumber, julienned
½ small carrot, julienned
2 tbsp kimchi
2 tbsp kochujang
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp korean sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
This is a wonderfully versatile dish, you can alter the toppings as you wish, adding items like boiled eggs, white radish, pickles. You can add some Korean chili powder to amp up the spice or some minced garlic and vinager for a more sour taste.
- Bring a medium pot of hot water to the boil, then steam the salmon in a steam basket or similar until just cooked, remove and cool.
- Using the same water in the pot, cook the noodles for 3 minutes.
- Strain the noodles and run cold water thoroughly over them to cool down.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl & mix thoroughly.
- Carefully dress the salmon with the dressing.
- In a bowl mix the red cabbage, spring onion, cucumber, and carrot.
- In 4 serving bowls portion the noodles in the bottom and then top with the mixed vegetables.
- Add 2 lettuce leaves to each bowl and finish with the dressed salmon evenly portioned across the serving bowls.
- Serve with Kimchi to the side.
Recipe by Nurtured Seafood